29.12.15

Movie night: Christmas Eve

Every Christmas Eve at 3 PM (we celebrate on the 24th in Sweden) we gather in front of the TV to watch Kalle Anka och hans vänner önskar God Jul. It's a compilation of short films/snippets from Disney movies originally titled "From All of Us to All of You" and has been a tradition in Sweden since 1960.

Behold: My brother Stefan's head and my sister Julia's feet. Also behold the candelabra in the background, by the sofa. In the following days my sister Sara will trip over it and break all of the candles, except two.

Also traditionally (since 1994), Swedish Television shows Kan du vissla Johanna? directly following "From All of Us to All of You". I have no idea why it's become a Christmas thing, since it takes place during summer..


We didn't have it on for more than five minutes. My brother thinks it's too depressing, so we put on The Santa Clause instead (usually my sister Hanna's very adamant that we watch Kan du vissla Johanna? together, but she was giving my niece a bath and couldn't stop us = win!).
 
Here's my sister Sara in front of the TV. We were playing my favorite game "Can't Stop" and she won. Both times. I don't know how much of the movie we actually watched..

After dinner and a visit from Santa, I got to watch my favorite thing: Sagan om Karl-Bertil Jonssons julafton. I'm the only one in my family that loves it but I'm okay with that (and I can't be alone in this.. it's been on every Christmas Eve since 1975)!

It didn't stop my family from stealing the candy though.. 

Then I took a nap, while my mother and two sisters watched season one of Poldark. They got two episodes in, before I woke up and that's when they decided to put on season one of Luther instead. I watched it with them and we kept watching until six in the morning.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar