26.1.16

ChocolateBunnyMovieClub: 12 more

"The Chocolatebunnymovieclub" is what me and my sister Julia call it when we watch movies together + eat chocolate bunnies (correction: I eat them). These movies are either iconic ones or ones that we really want to watch the other suffer through. In the previous summary, we ticked off 14. Now we've finished 12 more: 
 
* Fried Green Tomatoes: Post #6
* Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid: Post #7

* White Christmas
I'd have liked more snow/Christmas and less dancing. I'm very fond of musicals, just not the bits where they dance silently for five minutes straight..

* Roman Holiday
Initially, I did have some problems with the ending (which I now realize is perfect) + the way Gregory Peck's character used Ann's innocence to his advantage (= me having a hard time wanting them to end up together). But I loved it anyways - even more than Julia, I think.

* Psycho
We both loved this. Norman Bates was surprisingly easy to empathize with; he was such a likable, vulnerable character.

* Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Initially it was very funny, but gradually that faded.. it sort of got less funny and less eventful the closer to the ending we got. 

* Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Mostly this just felt very surreal, which I had a hard time with. It did have it's moments where I laughed out loud but not enough to make me like it. Julia felt differently though..

* Con Air
We both felt that this was bad. It's not the first time I watch it, but it was the first time I felt this way. John Cusack's character, for example: what was his purpose? He just kept running across the airfield, getting knocked down over and over again.

* Schindler's List
I'm glad I watched it, because I hadn't before, but I won't do it again. I felt the tears building up like a wave until I was struck with an explosive cry-attack that left even me stunned. I literally went: "Can you pause it, cause I'm gonna cry now?" and then exploded into tears.


Some nights she puts salt in my water, other nights she pulls the chair out from under me.. One day, I'll poison her fruit! #snowwhitestyle


Did not finish/missed it:

* Mad Max: Fury Road 
I wasn't feeling good, so Julia watched it with the rest of the family instead. I don't think she was that big of a fan..

* The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (DNF)
Was it aesthetically pleasing? Yes. Was it a gripping story with attention-grabbing characters? No. Did it bore us to no end? Yes.

* The Great Dictator (DNF)
I remembered it being funnier, but that might have been because I used to exclusively watch those parts. It wasn't bad, just much more serious than we'd anticipated (or wanted).


Oh, how time flies! I'm glad we're watching these movies together now, while I'm young enough to stay awake during most of them. From the left: My sister Hanna, my little brother Stefan and Julia.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar