13.1.15

Trying to do better

I've never kept any written statistic on how many movies I watch every day/month/year, so I have no idea. The number could be modest of course, but I doubt it; in fact - I'm sure there are (too) many! I live alone so it's nice to have the sound of people talking in the background. But it's more than that for me.. it's a way to calm myself, a way to escape and a way to forget that I feel unsatisfied.

And if I'm really honest: movies even take the place of actual experiences for me! I've been at parties, thinking: "Soon I'll be home with my real friends (i.e fictional characters)". And that freaks me out. I don't want to envy fictional characters anymore!

Here's what I'll work on:

* Watch less movies but better ones
Be more selective by getting rid of the "gotta watch them all"-mentality

* Buy less and clean out my movie collection
I'm a big fan of buying second hand movies..

* Only watch movies at night, try to watch just one or for a certain amount of time
I work from home, which means I procrastinate and watch movies all the time

* Find other ways to relax
I want to read more in bed instead of binge-watching Youtube 

I still want to go to the cinema a lot with my sister Sara though..

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar