21.6.15

6/12

Now that we're about halfway through the year, I felt it was time to revisit my goals for 2015:

* I wanted to watch "less but better" movies:
Since January 1th I've watched about 90 movies + five seasons of different TV shows (not that good - I wish I'd watched fewer and relaxed more). My sister Julia and I have started a movie club too (the chocolate bunny movie club), which has been great. It's meant more time with her + really fun movie nights (we've laughed a loooot!). I've also kept my focus and watched whatever I've felt like - continuously trying to let go of my urge to "remember everything I watch and watch every movie I hear anything about".

* I wanted to buy less and clean out my movie collection:
I cleaned it out several times and went from 111 to 43 movies. Since then I've bought one movie - You've got mail. This is an all-time record for me and I've realized that I don't need to hang on to nearly as many movies as I'd previously thought! My love for a movie doesn't make it an "auto buy" because I should really just keep movies that I want to watch over and over. Using sites like Viaplay has really helped me to realize that I can watch a movie and then let it go.

* I wanted to just watch movies at night/try to watch just one per day or for a certain amount of time:
I've made no conscious effort in this area, but I guess I've been better about this during certain months. Not enough to check it off the list though.

* I wanted to find other ways to relax (read more, etc):
Nope. I still sleep with The Big Bang Theory on in the background. I still watch something before I fall asleep. I always watch Youtube when I brush my teeth etc etc. This is proving to be the hardest goal on my list, by far!

Aaand.. a new addition:

* 2015 - a challenging list: I made this this month, just to have something fun to challenge myself with, when I don't know what to watch next. I'll keep working on it during the year and if I don't finish it in 2015, it's no big deal. The last thing I want to do is put pressure on myself (movies are one of my hobbies, not my job).

 Let's pretend like my fingers are a failed attempt at a peace sign (to celebrate my progress) and not proof of my inability to take a photo without covering up some part of the lens..

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar