18.4.16

We never go out of style.

One of my goals this year is to watch more classics. These are my plans.. sort of:

1910-1919
I haven't watched a single film from this period, nor do I feel any need to immediately do so. I'm not a big fan of silent films/black and white and ultimately I watch movies for my own enjoyment..

I want to watch: Daddy-Long-Legs and Jane Eyre. Reasons behind these choices are: 1) I love the book (Daddy Long-Legs) and 2) I've watched three Jane Eyre adaptations so far: 1996, 2006 and 2011.



1920-1929
When I took film history at the university, we watched a few surreal things but other than that I'm as new to the movies of this decade as I am to the previous one.

Favorite: Pandora's Box (I remember liking it, though not why).
I want to watch: Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens and The Phantom of the Opera (So far I've watched the version from 2004, seen the musical performed live and read the book
#livingthehighlifeyo!).


1930-1939
I've only watched about three movies from this period and I'd really like to rectify that! Who knows - I might even like more movies from the 30s than I'd originally thought?

Favorite: -
I want to watch: It Happened One Night, My Man Godfrey, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Four Feathers (the Heath Ledger remake was the first movie I owned on DVD) and Heidi.



1940-1949
It's a shame that I haven't watched more than maybe five movies in total from the 40s. Am a bit apprehensive though, because film noir became popular during this decade and I don't really know how I feel about that genre to be honest.. (although I've only seen The Maltese Falcon, so maybe I shouldn't judge?)

Favorite: Ladri di biciclette
I want to watch: It's a Wonderful Life (a book told me to), Christmas in Connecticut, The Big Sleep and Double Indemnity (watched in april)


My dad was born in 1952. This is the house where he grew up.
 
1950-1959
Ooh! I'm approaching the more familiar decades! Have seen quite a lot from the 50s but want to watch more - especially musicals.

Favorite: Singin' in the Rain (one of my all-time favorite films)
I want to watch: An American in Paris, Funny Face, Daddy Long-Legs (in case the 1910 one is bad), Det sjunde inseglet (a rewatch) and High Noon (also a rewatch)



1960-1969
This must be my favorite decade yet. I love The Sound of Music, Charade and 101 dalmatians. It also feels like I've watched plenty from this era, so I'm not that bothered with expanding my horizons here.

Favorite: Breakfast at Tiffany's
I want to watch: My Fair Lady
.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar