30.4.16

In the spotlight: April

Jane Wants a Boyfriend
I thought the romance was excellent and very real. Also, I like that style of storytelling when you start in the middle and end in the middle; without really "solving" anything. They go on with their lives, you go on with yours..

The Choice
I had the best time watching this with my sister Julia, even though neither of us liked it very much. We felt that the second half of the movie was very VERY slow and being cut off from the characters, by letting the time pass in the form of several montages, didn't help at all. Julia even went so far as to say that she had warmer feelings for Gabby's wind chime than she had for Gabby herself (I agree - she really wasn't that easy to empathize with). 

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Paranormal elements, a little slow motion and very aesthetically pleasing shots made for a great watch! Sure, it moved a little quickly but overall it had very few of the plot holes that I've come to associate with these types of movies. (Just one thing though: "Only the living can kill the dead" - Really? Why? That made less than NO sense)

Grand Budapest Hotel
I just.. am in love with this film. I'd forgotten how funny I find it. One of my favorite scenes is the long argument outside the prison! <3 

Double Indemnity
Almost didn't make it through, after stopping halfway, but I'm glad I did. This was such a simple story and yet so fascinating. I think it was the dialog that did it - I've never heard anything like it.


Went to a flee market today. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar